Home treatment may ease the pain of endometriosis. You can try the following things along with your other treatments.
- Apply heat to your lower belly. Use a heating pad or hot water bottle, or take a warm bath. Heat improves blood flow and may relieve pelvic pain.
- Lie down and place a pillow under your knees. When you lie on your side, bring your knees up to your chest to relieve back pressure.
- Use relaxation techniques and biofeedback.
- Exercise regularly. It improves blood flow, increases pain-relieving endorphins naturally made by the body, and reduces pain.
- Try sexual activity. This may (or may not) help with cramping and backaches.