Questions to Ask Your Doctor About Adult ADHD
- What can I expect if I go to a psychologist, psychiatrist, or other professional for treatment of adult ADHD?
- Which treatments are best for adults with ADHD?
- Aside from medications, what else can I do to reduce my ADHD symptoms? What about exercise and diet? Are there any vitamins or supplements that can help?
- What are the side possible side effects of ADHD drugs?
- Are there any herbal supplements or over-the-counter drugs to avoid if I take medication for ADHD? Can I drink alcohol if I take medication?
- Will treatment stigmatize me?
- How long should my treatments last?
- Where can I find emotional support for my family and for me?
- Can I take medication for ADHD if I become pregnant?
- Where can I find out about clinical trials I could participate in?
© 2015 WebMD, LLC. All rights reserved.