Understanding Allergies -- Symptoms
What Are the Symptoms of Allergies?
The symptoms of allergies include:
Sneezing, nasal congestion, and coughing
- Itchy eyes, mouth, and throat
- Stomachache, frequent indigestion, and heartburn
- Irritated, itchy, reddening, or swelling skin
- Stiffness, pain, and swelling of joints
Call Your Doctor About Allergies if:
Get immediate emergency medical treatment if:
- Swallowing or breathing becomes difficult or painful; you may be experiencing an asthma episode, anaphylaxis, or a heart attack.
- You suddenly develop skin welts accompanied by intense flushing and itching; your heart may also be beating rapidly. These symptoms may indicate the onset of anaphylactic shock, an extremely serious allergic reaction.