Breast Augmentation: 40 Questions to Ask Your Doctor
Questions to Ask About Breast Implant Surgery continued...
11. Are silicone breast implants or saline implants better for me -- and why?
12. What breast size do you suggest for my body frame?
13. Will I lose any sensation in my nipples or breasts?
14. Will I be able to breastfeed after having implants?
15. Will the implants make mammograms less accurate in detecting breast cancer?
16. Do you have a video I can watch about breast implant surgery?
17. What is the warranty for this breast implant, and what fees do I have to pay if it ruptures?
Breast Implant Complications and Risk:
18. What are the possible risks of breast implant surgery?
19. Is it possible to prevent breast implants from rupturing, rippling, or wrinkling?
20. Are there possible breast implant complications that I should be aware of?
Breast Implant Surgery Preparation:
22. What diet and lifestyle changes will I need to make before breast implant surgery?
23. What do you recommend to treat swelling, bruising, and pain?
25. How long should I take off from work?
The Breast Implant Procedure:
26. Where will my breast implant surgery be performed, and is the surgery center accredited?
27. Is the center set up to handle a life-threatening emergency?
28. What hospital would I be taken to if there were a problem?
29. Will I have general anesthesia, and will a certified anesthesiologist administer it?
Recovery From Breast Implant Surgery:
30. If I have an emergency after going home, how can I reach you?
31. How long will healing take?
32. How soon can I get back to my regular exercise routine?
Breast Implant Financial Issues:
33. What is included in the surgical fee? What is not covered?
34. If I am not satisfied and need a revision surgery, is that included in the initial fee?
35. Is implant removal included in the initial fee?