Nutrition in Cancer Care (PDQ®): Supportive care - Patient Information [NCI] - To Learn More About Nutrition and Cancer Care
National Cancer Institute
For information from the National Cancer Institute (NCI) about nutrition and cancer treatment, see Coping with Cancer: Managing Physical Effects.
For information from NCI about nutrition and cancer prevention, see the following PDQ summaries:
- Cancer Prevention Overview
- Breast Cancer Prevention
- Colorectal Cancer Prevention
- Esophageal Cancer Prevention
- Lung Cancer Prevention
- Stomach (Gastric) Cancer Prevention
For general nutrition information and other resources, see the following:
- United States Department of Agriculture
|Dietary Guidelines for 2010|
- American Botanical Council
- American Cancer Society
- American Dietetic Association
- American Institute for Cancer Research
- American Society for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition
- National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine (NCCAM)
| 888-644-6226 (NCCAM Clearinghouse) |
|866-464-3615 (toll free TTY)|
- Office of Dietary Supplements
- American Cancer Society's Healthy Eating Cookbook: a Celebration of Food, Friends, and Healthy Living. 3rd ed. Atlanta, GA: The American Cancer Society, 2005.
- Bloch A, Cassileth BR, Holmes MD, Thomson CA, eds.: Eating Well, Staying Well During and After Cancer. Atlanta, GA: American Cancer Society, 2004.
- Ghosh K, Carson L, and Cohen E: Betty Crocker's Living With Cancer Cookbook: Easy Recipes and Tips Through Treatment and Beyond. New York, NY: Hungry Minds, 2002.
- Weihofen DL, Robbins J, Sullivan PA: Easy-to-Swallow, Easy-to-Chew Cookbook: over 150 Tasty and Nutritious Recipes for People Who Have Difficulty Swallowing. New York, NY: John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 2002.
- Wilson JR: I-Can't-Chew Cookbook: Delicious Soft-Diet Recipes for People With Chewing, Swallowing, or Dry-Mouth Disorders. Alameda, Calif: Hunter House Inc., 2003.