PreviDent 5000 Sensitive dent Warnings
PreviDent 5000 Sensitive dent Uses
This medication is used to prevent cavities and to reduce pain from sensitive teeth (dentinal hypersensitivity). Sodium fluoride works by making the teeth stronger and more resistant to decay caused by acid and bacteria. Potassium nitrate works by calming the nerves in the teeth.
Do not use this medication in children younger than 12 years old unless directed to do so by your doctor/dentist.How to use PreviDent 5000 Sensitive dent
Use this medication usually twice daily (in the morning and evening) or as directed by your doctor/dentist.
Use this medication in place of your regular toothpaste unless otherwise directed by your doctor/dentist. Apply at least a 1 inch (2.5 centimeters) strip of the medication to a soft-bristled toothbrush, and brush your teeth for at least 1 minute. Spit out the medication after use and rinse your mouth thoroughly. Do not swallow the medication. Make sure to brush all sensitive areas of the teeth.
Use this medication regularly in order to get the most benefit from it. To help you remember, use it at the same time each day.
Do not use this medication for longer than 4 weeks unless directed by your doctor/dentist. Sensitive/painful teeth may sometimes be a symptom of a serious problem that needs attention from a dentist.
Inform your doctor/dentist if your symptoms persist or worsen.
PreviDent 5000 Sensitive dent Side Effects
Mouth/gum irritation may infrequently occur. If this effect persists or worsens, contact your doctor/dentist or pharmacist promptly.
Tell your doctor/dentist immediately if your teeth become stained or pitted. This is often a result of too much fluoride.
Remember that your doctor has prescribed this medication because he or she has judged that the benefit to you is greater than the risk of side effects. Many people using this medication do not have serious side effects.
A very serious allergic reaction to this drug is unlikely, but seek immediate medical attention if it occurs. Symptoms of a serious allergic reaction may include: rash, itching/swelling (especially of the face/tongue/throat), severe dizziness, trouble breathing.
This is not a complete list of possible side effects. If you notice other effects not listed above, contact your doctor/dentist or pharmacist.
In the US -
PreviDent 5000 Sensitive dent Precautions
Before using this medication, tell your doctor/dentist or pharmacist if you are allergic to sodium fluoride or potassium nitrate; or if you have any other allergies. This product may contain inactive ingredients, which can cause allergic reactions or other problems. Talk to your pharmacist for more details.
Before using this medication, tell your doctor/dentist or pharmacist your medical history, especially of: mouth problems (e.g., sores, mucositis).
Tell your doctor if you are pregnant before using this medication.
This medication passes into breast milk. Consult your doctor before breast-feeding.
PreviDent 5000 Sensitive dent Interactions
Your doctor or pharmacist may already be aware of any possible drug interactions and may be monitoring you for them. Do not start, stop, or change the dosage of any medicine before checking with your doctor or pharmacist first.
Before using this medication, tell your doctor/dentist or pharmacist of all prescription and nonprescription/herbal products you may use, especially: other dental products.
This document does not contain all possible interactions. Therefore, before using this product, tell your doctor or pharmacist of all the products you use. Keep a list of all your medications with you, and share the list with your doctor and pharmacist.
PreviDent 5000 Sensitive dent Overdose
This medication may be harmful if swallowed in large amounts. If overdose is suspected, contact a poison control center or emergency room immediately. US residents can call their local poison control center at 1-800-222-1222. Canada residents can call a provincial poison control center. Symptoms of overdose may include: burning in the mouth, sore tongue, nausea/vomiting, diarrhea, increased saliva, stomach pain/cramping, muscle weakness, shaking, seizures.NOTES:
Do not share this medication with others.
Using this medication does not replace good dental habits. Continue to floss your teeth regularly as directed by your dentist, and have regular dental checkups.
Sensitive teeth can be caused by damage to the hard outside surface of the tooth (enamel). Avoid acidic food/drinks (such as ginger ale, limes/lemons, citrus-based drinks, coffee), which can damage the tooth enamel. Consult your doctor/dentist for more details.MISSED DOSE:
If you miss a dose, use it as soon as you remember. If it is near the time of the next dose, skip the missed dose and resume your usual dosing schedule. Do not double the dose to catch up.STORAGE:
Store at room temperature between 68-77 degrees F (20-25 degrees C) away from heat. Keep all medicines away from children and pets.
Do not flush medications down the toilet or pour them into a drain unless instructed to do so. Properly discard this product when it is expired or no longer needed. Consult your pharmacist or local waste disposal company for more details about how to safely discard your product.
Information last revised March 2013. Copyright(c) 2013 First Databank, Inc.