Call 911 anytime you think you may need emergency care. For example, call if:
- You have a sudden loss of vision.
Call your doctor now or seek immediate medical care if:
- You have new or worse eye pain.
- Your vision gets worse.
- Your eyes have new or worse sensitivity to light.
- You have symptoms of an eye infection, such as:
- Pus or thick discharge coming from the eye.
- Redness or swelling around the eye.
- A fever.
Watch closely for changes in your health, and be sure to contact your doctor if:
- Your eyes are not getting better or they get worse.