Understanding Dizziness -- Symptoms
What Are the Symptoms of Dizziness?
The symptoms of dizziness are:
- Feeling of motion when your body is still
- Feeling lightheaded or that you are about to faint
- Balance problems, such as being unsteady on your feet or feeling as if you might fall
- Feelings of anxiety or panic
Call Your Doctor About Dizziness If:
- You also have tinnitus (ringing in the ears), hearing loss, or pressure or fullness in the ear -- you may have Meniere's disease.
- The whole world seems to bounce as you walk -- you may have Dandy's syndrome.
- You also have double vision or slurred speech -- you may have suffered a stroke.
- You feel lightheaded and you are an older person, or it happens after exercising.
- You feel lightheaded frequently after standing up -- you may have orthostatic hypotension.
- Your dizziness is long-lasting.