How to Choose a Fertility Clinic
Questions to Ask a Fertility Clinic
Make sure the clinic has good quality control and strong ethics. Ask a lot of questions at each one you visit, such as:
- How long have the medical director, doctors, and technicians been there? High staff turnover can be a sign of bad management and can contribute to mistakes.
- Which procedures do you do, and how often? Be sure the clinic has a wide range of infertility remedies and is familiar with the latest technology.
- Do you have age limits for treatment? If so, it's a good sign that the clinic is concerned about ethical issues.
- When you do a procedure that involves fertilizing the eggs outside the woman's body and then putting them inside her, who decides how many eggs go back in, you or the doctor?
- What does treatment cost? While you don't want to choose strictly on price, it's good to know costs ahead of time so you know what you're getting into.
If you call the clinic and they say they're too busy to answer your questions, try elsewhere. They may not have time for your questions once you're a patient, either.
© 2015 WebMD, LLC. All rights reserved.