Infertility and Reproduction News & Features
Sperm Donors May Not Be as Anonymous as They Think
- COVID Could Impair Men’s Sperm for Months: Study
June 27, 2023 — A COVID infection can reduce sperm count and hinder the ability of sperm to swim for at least 3 months, according to European researchers.
- AI Meets Embryos: The Future of IVF
February 9, 2023 — Conceiving a child in the next five to 10 years might look like something out of a science fiction movie.
- Scientists Create 'Vagina on a Chip': What to Know
February 9, 2023 — A microfluidic chip designed to mimic the vagina's microbiome is likely to drive vital new treatments in the long-neglected field of women's reproductive health.
- Most Men Who Apply to Donate Sperm Don't Complete Process
January 18, 2023 — Only about 4% of men who signed up to be sperm donors in the United States or Denmark completed the process and had their sperm frozen for use in medically assisted reproduction, new research reveals.
- How to Boost Your Reproductive Health
What can you do to improve your chances of conceiving a baby? Many couples deal with fertility issues that require a doctor’s help. Find out what you can change in your daily life to boost reproductive health before you head to the fertility clinic.
- Same-Sex Couples Face Fertility Issues When Trying to Conceive
Same-sex couples face fertility issues, financial challenges, and more when trying to conceive.
- Mother Nature vs. Infertility Treatment
Still not pregnant? When to seek infertility treatment and when to let nature take its course.
- New Trends in Infertility Treatment
Experts describe the latest advances in techniques for treating infertility.
- Stressing Over Infertility
While it may be a while before the pathway between stress and infertility is clear, what is known right now is that reducing stress levels seems to help.
- Boxers vs. Briefs: Increasing Sperm Count
For about one-half of couples with fertility problems, experts say low sperm count is the cause. But maybe something as simple as changing the kind of underwear a man wears can make a difference.
- The Ancient Art of Infertility Treatment
Many couples trying to get pregnant find themselves turning to an age-old treatment for help -- acupuncture -- and it's working.
- Getting Pregnant Can Be Harder Than It Looks
About 85 percent of all couples will get pregnant within a year, but it's also wise to have some realistic expectations.