Causes of Premature Menopause
Additional Information on Premature Menopause:
1. Frequently Asked Questions - Menopause and
Menopause Treatments - This fact sheet discusses menopause symptoms and
treatments, including postmenopausal hormone therapy (HT) and the practical
steps women can take to alleviate symptoms and prevent diseases like
osteoporosis and heart disease.
2. Health Care and Maintenance for Women
Undergoing Risk-Reducing Ovarian Surgery - This publication explains menopause
symptoms and the associated health concerns for women who are considering
risk-reducing ovarian surgery.
3. When Surgery Causes Menopause (Copyright ©
NAMS) - This fact sheet provides patient-friendly information on hysterectomy
and the surgical procedures that can cause menopause.
4. Early Menopause Guidebook (Copyright ©
NAMS) - This booklet explains natural and premature menopause. It also lists
the symptoms and treatments associated with menopause, and gives information on
postmenopausal health concerns.
5. Facing Menopause and its Symptoms
(Copyright © breastcancer.org) - This publication is for women who are going
through premature menopause due to treatment for breast cancer. It explains
menopause symptoms, how to cope with them, and what treatments are
6. Induced Menopause Explained (Copyright ©
NAMS) - This fact sheet provides patient-friendly information on induced
menopause and why it may occur after chemotherapy or surgery.
- American Menopause Foundation
- Hormone Foundation
- The North American Menopause Society (NAMS)