10 Questions to Ask Your Doctor About Migraines and Headaches
If you were recently diagnosed with migraines, ask your doctor these questions at your next visit.
1. How can I identify my headache "triggers"?
2. What should I keep track of in a headache diary?
3. Could any of my medications (such as birth control pills) be making my headaches worse?
4. Is there a chance my migraines or headaches might go away in a few years?
5. Can hypnosis, biofeedback, or other non-drug treatments help?
6. Could over-the-counter drugs be strong enough to ease my headache pain?
7. Am I a good candidate for medications that prevent migraines?
8. What are the potential side effects of the medications you have prescribed?
9. What can I do to minimize those side effects?
10. Are there some lifestyle changes that might help, such as exercise or meditation?