10 Questions to Ask Your Doctor About Migraines and Headaches Since you were recently diagnosed with migraines, ask your doctor these questions at your next visit.
1. How can I identify my
Recommended Related to Migraines/Headaches
What Are Silent Migraines?
Silent migraines are a medical oddity. How can you have a migraine "headache" without headache pain? The answer lies in the still unfolding mystery of migraine. WebMD explains what silent migraines are as well as their unusual visual symptoms, commonly called an aura.
Read the What Are Silent Migraines? article > >
2. What should I keep track of in a headache diary?
3. Could any of my medications (such as
birth control pills) be making my headaches worse?
4. Is there a chance my migraines or headaches might go away in a few years?
5. Can hypnosis,
biofeedback, or other non-drug treatments help?
6. Could over-the-counter drugs be strong enough to ease my headache
7. Am I a good candidate for medications that
8. What are the potential side effects of the medications you have prescribed?
9. What can I do to minimize those side effects?
10. Are there some lifestyle changes that might help, such as
exercise or meditation?