Newly Diagnosed With Prostate Cancer
10 Important Questions to Ask Your Doctor If You've Just Been Diagnosed With Prostate Cancer
- How reliable are digital rectal exams and prostate specific antigen (PSA) tests?
- What stage is my cancer and what does that mean for my prognosis (outlook for cure or average expected survival)?
- What are the costs, benefits, and risks of each treatment option?
- How do I decide what is the best treatment option for me personally?
- Is there any indication that the cancer has spread?
- Can my condition go untreated without adverse health consequences?
- Will I become impotent?
- Can I continue my normal activities during treatment?
- How long will treatment take?
- Will there be any long-term consequences of my treatment?
© 2015 WebMD, LLC. All rights reserved.