You Asked! Expert A's to Your Beauty Q's: Acne and Rosacea Products
Wondering which products work best for acne and rosacea? Our experts give their top picks -- plus a checklist for identifying which bumps are which.
Rosacea or Acne?
Answer these quick questions from Ronald Davis, MD, professor of dermatology at Tulane School of Medicine in New Orleans, to tell if the blemishes on your face are more likely a case of rosacea or acne.
- Do you blush easily?
- Do you notice facial itching, stinging, or burning?
- Do you have fair skin?
- What happens to your skin when you get hot, drink hot beverages, eat spicy foods, or get stressed?
- My face gets red
- Nothing really happens
- Where on your face do you typically break out?
- Forehead, nose, and chin
- Lower cheeks, chin, jawline, and upper neck
- When you break out, do you notice …
- Mostly red splotches, small blood vessels, and occasional pimples?
- Mostly pimples and some blackheads or whiteheads?
Did you have more 1s? You could have rosacea. More 2s? You could have acne.