Skin Problems and Treatments Videos
- What Triggers Hidradenitis Suppurativa?
These six culprits can irritate your skin and lead to painful lumps.
- Embracing Beauty
“I put up with a lot of ugliness [from others] because of my vitiligo,” Karen Ruffin says. From that, came a need for creating beauty and accepting her own.
- Treatment Strategies for Hidradenitis Suppurativa
What do black tea and laser hair removal have to do with soothing blocked hair follicles?
- When Patches Lose Pigment
Vitiligo causes the skin to lose its natural color, and it can progress from small white spots to large patches. Learn more about this puzzling condition.
- From Topicals to Light Therapy
There’s no cure for vitiligo, but there are effective treatments, from creams to phototherapy. Dermatologists are particularly excited about the latest class of drugs.
- A Dermatologist’s Insight on Vitiligo Treatments
Dermatologist Sumayah Taliaferro, MD, is excited about several treatments in the works for vitiligo. And she has great insight on this skin condition.
- Prevent and Treat Dry Skin During Cold Weather
When the temps fall, your skin can scream for moisture. Here’s how to pamper and protect it from the elements.
- The Motivating Man Behind the Face
“I had to make a difference by using my difference,” says James McLeod, aka DJ Half. He motivates others with vitiligo to embrace their uniqueness.
- How Treatment for Urticaria (Hives) Works
There are many ways to soothe those itchy, red splotches. Talk to your doctor about how often they happen and how severe they are.
- Symptom Control of Chronic Spontaneous Urticaria
Have puffy, itchy welts that won’t go away? Find relief with these dermatologist-approved tips.
- Complications From Chronic Urticaria
Are hives bugging you day and night? You don’t have to put up with the itch.
- How to Properly Hydrate Your Skin
What habits lead to healthier, hydrated skin? Here’s what you can do to lock in moisture and counteract dryness.
- Skin Hydration for Different Skin Types
What products work best to keep dry, oily, and sensitive skin hydrated? Address your skin’s specific needs with these tips.
- Myths and Facts About Dry Skin
Tired of dry skin? Separate fact from fiction to alleviate itchy, scaly skin.
- How to Stop an Itch
Resist the urge to scratch and try these tricks to ease the irritation.
- Vitiligo Causes and Treatments
Vitiligo is a condition in which skin loses its pigment and color in patches. Learn more about what causes it and treatments that may improve your skin’s appearance.
- Types of Sunscreen
Look at the different kinds of sunscreens and the ways it protects your skin.
- A New Outlook
Follow Greg Kingsley as he tells his story about his psoriasis condition.
- How to Treat Chigger Bites
Soothe itchiness and discomfort brought on by these insects.
- How to Treat Sunburn
Spent a little too much time catching rays with too little protection? Follow these steps to relieve pain and heal faster.
- What Makes Your Psoriasis Severe?
Your immune system is actually to blame for those itchy, sore patches of skin. It’s considered severe when it covers what percentage of your body?
- Is It Time to Make an Appointment for Your Chronic Hives?
- Can an Elimination Diet Ease Your Chronic Hives?
- Cut and Dry: Psoriasis in the Salon
Soon after Tina Ivy became a hairstylist, psoriasis entered the picture. She shares her highs and lows and how she explains her irritated skin to clients.