Preparing For Your Appointment
To prepare for your appointment, see the topic Making the Most of Your Appointment.
You can help your
doctor diagnose and treat your condition by being prepared to answer the
- How long have you had the skin spot?
- Has your skin spot changed? If so, how?
- Where did it
first appear? Where is it now?
- What other symptoms, such as itching
or pain, do you have?
- Are there any other family members who have
the same skin changes or a history of skin changes?
- Is there
anything new or different that you have been exposed to, such as a medicine,
personal care products, products at work, or things related to sports or
- What home treatment have you tried? How did it
- Have you ever been treated for a skin condition like this in
- What prescription and nonprescription medicines do you
- Do you have any
WebMD Medical Reference from Healthwise
December 27, 2012
This information is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor.
Healthwise disclaims any liability for the decisions you make based on this
© 1995-2014 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.