Skin Changes - Preparing For Your Appointment
To prepare for your appointment, see the topic Making the Most of Your Appointment.
You can help your doctor diagnose and treat your condition by being prepared to answer the following questions:
- How long have you had the skin spot?
- Has your skin spot changed? If so, how?
- Where did it first appear? Where is it now?
- What other symptoms, such as itching or pain, do you have?
- Are there any other family members who have the same skin changes or a history of skin changes?
- Is there anything new or different that you have been exposed to, such as a medicine, personal care products, products at work, or things related to sports or hobbies?
- What home treatment have you tried? How did it work?
- Have you ever been treated for a skin condition like this in the past?
- What prescription and nonprescription medicines do you take?
- Do you have any health risks?
WebMD Medical Reference from Healthwise
November 14, 2014
This information is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor.
Healthwise disclaims any liability for the decisions you make based on this
© 1995-2015 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.