Tattoo Problems - Preparing For Your Appointment
To prepare for your appointment, see the topic Making the Most of Your Appointment.
Questions to prepare for your appointment
You can help your doctor diagnose and treat your condition by being prepared to answer the following questions:
- Who did the tattoo? Where is the tattoo artist located?
- When did you have the tattoo?
- Where on your body is the tattoo? Have you had previous tattoos?
- What are your main symptoms? When did your symptoms start?
- Were sterile instruments used?
- What home treatment measures have you used to clean or treat your tattoo? Be sure to include any nonprescription ointments or creams you have applied to the tattoo.
- What prescription and nonprescription medicines do you take?
- When was your last tetanus shot?
- Do you have any health risks?
WebMD Medical Reference from Healthwise
September 09, 2014
This information is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor.
Healthwise disclaims any liability for the decisions you make based on this
© 1995-2015 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.