Warts and Plantar Warts - What Increases Your Risk
Risk factors for warts include:
- Having an impaired immune system.
- Your age. Warts occur most often
in children and young adults. As you get older, you
may find that you get fewer warts or that your warts go away.
- Walking barefoot on moist surfaces, as in
public showers and locker rooms and around swimming pool
- Sharing towels, razors, and other personal items with a
person who has warts.
- Biting your nails or cuticles.
- Wearing closed or
tight shoes that cause sweaty feet.
WebMD Medical Reference from Healthwise
September 07, 2012
This information is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor.
Healthwise disclaims any liability for the decisions you make based on this
© 1995-2014 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.