Since you've recently had a stroke, ask your doctor these questions at your next visit.
1. How soon can I expect to recover after my stroke?
2. How will having a stroke change what I can and can't do?
3. Will I need to change my diet? What foods should I be avoiding or eating more of?
4. Are there any other lifestyle changes I should make?
5. Would physical or occupational therapy be helpful? Can you make a referral?
6. Are there any medications I should take to help me during my recovery?
The National Stroke Association devotes all its resources to stroke. Supported by major pharmaceutical and medical device makers, it offers information and support to patients, caregivers, and medical professionals.
WebMD Medical Reference
Suzanne R. Steinbaum, MD on January 27, 2015