10 Questions to Ask Your Doctor About Overactive Bladder or Urge Incontinence
If you’ve recently been diagnosed with overactive bladder (OAB), ask your doctor these questions at your next visit.
- Are there medications I can take to treat my OAB?
- What side effects might the medication cause, and what can I do to help manage them?
- How quickly do the medications take effect?
- What if the medications don't work for me? Are there other treatment options?
- If my OAB gets better, can I stop taking the medication?
- Are there foods or beverages I should avoid to keep from making my OAB worse?
- Are there other lifestyle steps I can take to help manage my OAB?
- Is there a support group where I can talk to other people who have OAB?
- How might my intimate relationship be affected by my OAB or the treatment for it?
- What new OAB treatments are being developed, and are there clinical trials I could participate in?