The main symptom of urinary incontinence is a problem controlling urination.
- Symptoms of stress incontinence:
- Involuntary release of urine, especially when you cough, sneeze, or laugh
- Leaking a small to moderate amount of urine
- Symptoms of urge incontinence:
- Frequent and sudden uncontrollable need to urinate
- May leak a moderate to large amount of urine, although a small amount is possible
It is common for a woman to have symptoms of both types of incontinence. This is called mixed incontinence.
WebMD Medical Reference from Healthwise
September 09, 2014
This information is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor.
Healthwise disclaims any liability for the decisions you make based on this
© 1995-2015 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.