Ankylosing Spondylitis News & Features
Dancer Alicia Graf Mack's Life With Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Is There a Genetic Component to AS?
Discussion on how Ankylosing spondylitis may have genetic implications.
- What Symptom Annoys You the Most and Why?
Learn about and share annoying AS symptoms.
- Best Type of Footwear for AS
Learn about supportive footwear for AS.
- Chad Baker and Ankylosing Spondylitis
Discussion of how Ankylosing spondylitis affects Mr. Health and Fitness America contestant Chad Baker.
- How To Choose A Grabber
A grabber is an assistive device that helps to reach and pick up otherwise inaccessible items. Here’s how to choose the best one for you.
- Joint Pain From Sitting in a Wheelchair
Learn more about the types of joint pain that affect people who use wheelchairs and how to prevent it.
- What Does It Mean to Be Dynamically Disabled?
Dynamic disability is a fairly new but fairly serious concept. Find out what it means and how it can affect you.
- Men vs. Women: Does AS Impact Both Differently?
Ankylosing spondylitis impacts men differently than it impacts women. Is there a genetic basis for this? Let's discuss this in detail.
- How Do You Prepare for an Upcoming MRI?
An MRI is used to diagnose various conditions in the pelvic, abdominal, and chest regions. Here is how to prepare for an upcoming MRI.
- Dogs Can Also Have AS
Did you know dogs can also have ankylosing spondylitis? If your dog is showing symptoms of AS, seek medical assistance as soon as possible.
- 3 Pilates Moves to Strengthen Your Core
Pilates moves can strengthen your core and build endurance. Here are three activities to incorporate into your daily workout routine.
- Neck Pain
Neck pain can be very uncomfortable, especially if it is persistent. Sometimes, it has a serious underlying cause that might require long-term treatment.
- Learn to Love Strength Training
Strength training has many benefits for the body, but it can be hard to get used to. Here's how to fall in love with strength training.
- List of Useful Resources
Living with ankylosing spondylitis can be challenging, especially if you do not have access to helpful resources. Here is a list of resources to help you out.
- What You Need to Know About Hyperthermia Therapy
Learn more about Hyperthermia Therapy and its benefits for those dealing with ankylosing spondylitis and other conditions.
- Mick Mars’ Journey With Ankylosing Spondylitis
Learn more about Motley Crue’s guitarist, Mick Mars, and his journey living with pain caused by Ankylosing Spondylitis.
- Kyphoplasty for Patients With Ankylosing Spondylitis
Learn more about kyphoplasty as a treatment for patients with ankylosing spondylitis.
- Relationship Between Uveitis and Ankylosing Spondylitis
Learn more about uveitis and why you should get screened for ankylosing spondylitis if you show symptoms of the eye condition.
- How to Power Through The Day With Ankylosing Spondylitis
It is possible to stay physically fit even with ankylosing spondylitis. Find out how you can make the most of daily activities.
- Hip-Strengthening Exercises That Improve Ankylosing Spondylitis
Learn more about hip-strengthening exercises that can improve symptoms of ankylosing spondylitis.
- How Do You Describe the Unique Feeling of Pain With AS?
How do you describe the unique feeling of pain with AS? Answer a few quick questions to get the conversation started and share your thoughts.
- How Do You Explain That AS Is More Than Just Back Pain?
Share how you respond to people who think AS is just back pain.
- The Lead Singer of Imagine Dragons Has Ankylosing Spondylitis
The lead singer of Imagine Dragons, Dan Reynolds, was diagnosed with AS in his early 20s.
- List of "High Inflammation Foods" That Make Symptoms Worse
Avoid these "high inflammation" foods that can make your ankylosing spondylitis symptoms worse.
- 3 Yoga Poses to Strengthen Your Spine
Learn how you can strengthen your spine with these three yoga poses.
- How to Manage Lower Back Pain
Learn how you can manage nausea with physical therapy, diet, and heat or cold therapy.
- Are There Any Diagnostic Tests That Can Tell Me If I Have AS?
Find out what diagnostic tests your doctor can use to tell if you have ankylosing spondylitis.
- I Feel Empowered When I Have My Symptoms Under Control
The upside of ankylosing spondylitis is the empowerment you feel when you have your symptoms under control.
- 5 Things That Will Make You Feel Better
Learn about five things that can make it easier to live with ankylosing spondylitis.
- Foods That Help Improve Symptoms of Ankylosing Spondylitis
Some foods can help improve the symptoms of ankylosing spondylitis. Learn more about these diet options.
- Can Non-Radiographic Axial Spondyloarthritis Become AS?
Learn more about this inflammatory condition that’s similar to ankylosing spondylitis.
- Is It Time to Try Biologics for Ankylosing Spondylitis?
Learn how biologics can help your ankylosing spondylitis.
- Ankylosing Spondylitis and Your Heart
Learn how ankylosing spondylitis can impact your heart health.
- Ankylosing Spondylitis: The Elusive Chase for a Right Diagnosis
Ankylosing spondylitis (AS) is a rare type of arthritis in the spine whose main symptom -- back pain -- is a common, everyday complaint. That’s just one reason why so many people with AS wait years for a correct diagnosis.
- Forging New Lives After Ankylosing Spondylitis
Ankylosing spondylitis (AS) is a disease that can upend lives. Learn how two people ultimately found a way to forge ahead after their diagnoses.
- Living My Best Life With Ankylosing Spondylitis
Diagnosed with ankylosing spondylitis (AS) at age 14, Jayson Sacco shares his day-to-day routine and offers hope to others with the condition.
- How I Deal With the Emotional Pain of AS
Finding out you have AS can bring a lot of emotional pain. Meet two young men who have found real-world solutions to that pain.
- The Physical Pain of Ankylosing Spondylitis
In addition to learning how to live life as an adult, people with AS also have to learn to deal with the physical pain the condition can bring. Here’s how two people figure out life with that pain.
- Living With Ankylosing Spondylitis
You may have heard of ankylosing spondylitis, but do you really know what it’s like to live with it? Read one woman’s story.
- How a Healthy Lifestyle Helps With Ankylosing Spondylitis
There are lifestyle choices that can help your AS. Learn one doctor’s journey to discover just that.
- How to Get Support for Ankylosing Spondylitis
Living with ankylosing spondylitis: How to get support at work and home.
- AS Affects More Than Your Back
Shoulders, hips, and more. See how ankylosing spondylitis can affect many areas of your body.