Next Slideshow Title
IMAGES PROVIDED BY:
(1) Interactive Medical Media LLC
(2) James Gathany / CDC
(3) Dr. P. Marazzi / Photo Researchers, Inc.
(4) SPL / Photo Researchers, Inc.
(5) Scott Bauer / USDA, Kenneth H. Thomas / Photo Researchers, Inc.(inset) and James Gathany / CDC
(6) Barbara Peacock / Photographer’s Choice
(7) Thinkstock Images
(10) AFP / Getty Images
American College of Rheumatology.
American Lyme Disease Foundation.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases.
The Nemours Foundation.
Reviewed by Minesh Khatri, MD on January 19, 2020
This tool does not provide medical advice. See additional information.
THIS TOOL DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE. It is intended for general informational purposes only and does not address individual circumstances. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment and should not be relied on to make decisions about your health. Never ignore professional medical advice in seeking treatment because of something you have read on the WebMD Site. If you think you may have a medical emergency, immediately call your doctor or dial 911.
View our slideshows to learn more about your health.