Health & Baby Features
Why Are Black Mothers at Higher Risk for Miscarriage?
- How to Find an OB/GYN Supportive of Transgender Pregnancies
Many transgender men and nonbinary people can carry a pregnancy. Here are tips to find an OB/GYN who will offer supportive transgender pregnancy care.
- How Does Stress Affect Pregnancy?
Normal stress is expected during pregnancy, but find help for serious anxiety, which increases the risk of early birth or later problems.
- Hospitals Train to Curb Maternal Deaths
The maternal mortality rate in the U.S. is the highest among industrialized nations. And it’s three times as common among Black women as in white women in the U.S. Here’s what one New York hospital is doing to train doctors to respond.
- How to Advocate for Yourself as a Pregnant Woman of Color
The maternal mortality rate for Black women in the U.S. is nearly three times higher than it is for white women. If you’re a pregnant Black woman, what can you do to help protect yourself and your baby?
- Putting the Power of Motherhood in Your Hands
How digital research aims to revolutionize maternal-child health.
- Depression During Pregnancy: Know Your Risks
Depression during pregnancy is often overlooked, even though it happens just as frequently as the postpartum variety. Know your risks.
- What Your Pre-Baby Weight Means for Your Pregnancy
The weight you carry into your pregnancy matters even more than how much you put on during it, according to research.
- Can You Remove Pregnancy Stretch Marks?
Can you get rid of pregnancy stretch marks? Do stretch marks go away? What works to get rid of stretch marks after you’re pregnant? Learn about pregnancy stretch marks and what you can and can’t do to make them look better.
- Are Depression and Anxiety Meds OK During Pregnancy?
Is it safe to take medications for mood disorders when you’re pregnant? The answer, experts say, is complicated.
- Your Pregnancy Depression Risk
Depression during pregnancy is still often overlooked, even though it happens just as frequently as the postpartum variety.
- The Risks of Home Remedies for Pregnancy Problems
Just because herbal remedies are natural doesn't mean they’re safe for you and your baby. A review finds concerning side effects from ones like ginger, almond oil, and raspberry leaf.
- Reunited: Babies Visit Hospital Staff Who Cared for Them
More than 90 families of babies who spent time in the NICU (neonatal intensive care unit) at Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta reunited in early May to celebrate their progress since they left the hospital.
- Doctor-Approved Tips to Fight Pregnancy Back Pain
From 50% to 70% of women have back pain at some point in their pregnancy. You can ease the ache with these simple tips.
- Waiting to Get Pregnant? Know the Risks
Are you over 35 and ready to get pregnant for the first time? An OB/GYN suggests creating a "reproductive life plan," scheduling a checkup, and doing these other things.
- How Stress Can Hurt Your Chances of Having a Baby
It can be stressful if you can’t seem to get pregnant. But stress itself can hurt your chances of conception.
- The Importance of a Healthy Pregnancy Weight
Before you get pregnant, get as close to a healthy weight as possible to help spare complications for you and your child. Read advice from an OB/GYN.
- Watch: Doctor Flips Pregnant Mom’s Baby Bump
When you’re a mom-to-be, you’re almost guaranteed to feel your growing baby kick or move around some. Then there’s Vanessa Fisher. She felt her unborn son do a complete 180 with a big assist from her doctor.
- Dads-to-be role in pregnancy and labour
- What You Need to Care for Your New Baby
About to welcome a new baby? Experts share the products you’ll need -- and the ones you won’t.
- Pregnancy: Why Your Favorite Foods Gross You Out
A lot of women have pregnancy cravings, but there’s also a flip side: food aversions.
- 21 essential pregnancy must haves
- Your Safe Summer Pregnancy
Pregnancy comes with its own set of physical trials and tribulations. Here's how to stay cool during the summer months.
- 5 Miscarriage Myths
Our experts set the record straight on miscarriages.
- Birthing Classes: Which Style Is for You?
- How Do You Want to Deliver Your Baby?
- Who Will Help You Deliver?
- Episiotomies: What Your Mom Never Knew
Will you really need an episiotomy, and how long will it take to recover? What to know before you give birth.
- Phone Apps for Your Pregnancy
From getting pregnant to timing contractions during labor, there’s an app for nearly every part of your pregnancy.
- The Social Side of Pregnancy
Four questions to help you decide what to share about your pregnancy on social media.
- 4 Myths About Miscarriages
A look at common myths about miscarriages and what you really need to know about them.
- Keeping the intimacy alive during pregnancy
- 5 Things to Do After a Surprise Pregnancy
There’s no need to panic with an unplanned pregnancy. Here are the first 5 things you need to do.
- What Shots Do Moms-to-Be Need?
Vaccines you should get if you're pregnant (or trying).
- Is Nesting Real?
Why do moms-to-be get crazy with cleaning and organizing? Nesting is natural before the baby arrives.
- Ready to Get Pregnant? Dad's Health Matters
Find out some key lifestyle changes a man should make, like diet and exercise, when he and his partner are planning to get pregnant.
- Is It OK to Eat Peanuts When You're Pregnant?
Until recently, moms-to-be were advised to stay away from potentially allergy-inducing foods. But times have changed, and so has the thinking about allergy prevention.
- Exercise in Pregnancy: How Much Is Too Much?
Moderate exercise is good, but you can't forget you have a baby on board.
- When Men Get Postpartum Depression
Yes, men too can get depression after baby arrives. Learn to recognize the symptoms.
- The Ultimate Guide to Losing the Baby Weight
Advice and expert insight into healthy ways to lose baby weight.
- Trying to Conceive? Lose Extra Weight First
Overweight and obese mothers are more at risk for pregnancy complications, as well as birth defects.
- Deciding When to Have a Baby
Focus on getting healthy before you decide to get pregnant.
- After Miscarriage: How Long Should You Wait?
Doctors say you can start trying to get pregnant again as soon as you're ready.
- The Truth About Pregnancy Stretch Marks
Along with a new baby, there are the many physical changes you’ll see. Chief among them is stretch marks. For many women, stretch marks are as much a part of having a baby as diapers and feedings.
- Makeup Tips for Skin Changes During Pregnancy
- Hair Care During Pregnancy
- Skin Care During Pregnancy
- Skin Care During Pregnancy
- Pregnancy-Proofing Your Beauty Regimen
- Look your best during pregnancy