Health & Baby Medical Reference
What Is Fetal Surgery?
- How to Train Your Baby to Sleep In
Here are the proven methods for training your baby to sleep in.
- What to Know About Nursing a Baby to Sleep
Find out what you need to know about nursing a baby to sleep, including sleep training, when to stop, and more.
- How to Use a Nipple Shield
Proven step-by-step instructions for how to use a nipple shield.
- How to Ease Clogged Milk Ducts
Proven solutions for addressing clogged milk ducts.
- What to Do If Your Baby Has Hiccups
If your baby starts to hiccup, you may have concerns. Learn about causes, signs, what you can do about it, and more.
- Hydrops Fetalis: What Is It?
Hydrops fetalis is a life-threatening condition for unborn or newborn babies. Learn more about what causes it, how it’s diagnosed, and how it’s treated.
- Frontal Bossing: What Is It?
Frontal bossing is when your baby has a prominent, protruding forehead. Learn more about what causes it, what to expect, and more.
- When Can a Baby Have Yogurt?
Find out at what age it is best for your baby to start eating yogurt.
- En Caul Birth: What Is It?
En caul birth is when a baby is born still inside an intact amniotic sac. Learn more about what causes it, why it’s important, and what to expect.
- What Are Parasitic Twins?
Learn all you need to know about parasitic twins. Discover what causes them, how they're treated, and if they cause any complications.
- Health Benefits of Organic Prenatal Vitamins
Find out what you need to know about organic prenatal vitamins. Discover their health benefits, learn how to use them, and more.
- What to Know About Pregnancy Pillows
Find out what you need to know about pregnancy pillows, and discover what types there are, how they can help you sleep, and how to choose the right one.
- How to Use a Pregnancy Ball
Using a pregnancy ball can bring you comfort during all stages of pregnancy. Learn more about when and how to use a birthing ball and its benefits.
- What to Know About Falling During Pregnancy
Research shows around 30% of pregnant women fall during their pregnancy. Learn more about the dangers of falling during pregnancy and how to prevent it.
- What to Know About the Best Time to Get an Epidural
Find out what you need to know about epidural anesthesia. Learn how it works, whether it is safe for you, and when you should have it during labor.
- How to Read Ovulation Test Results
Find out what you need to know about how ovulation happens, how to know when you’re ovulating, and more.
- The Difference Between Giving Birth in a Birthing Center vs. a Hospital
Find out the differences between a hospital and a birthing center for giving birth. Learn their advantages and risks and how to choose between them.
- When Can a Fetus Feel Pain in the Womb?
Most experts say a fetus can’t feel pain before 24-25 weeks. But not everyone agrees.
- What Is a Yolk Sac in Pregnancy?
The yolk sac plays an important part in the early stages of pregnancy. Find out what it does and how it works.
- What Is Colostrum?
Find out what you need to know about colostrum, its benefits, functions, and more.
- What Is an Anterior Placenta During Pregnancy?
An anterior placenta is a condition where the placenta is located at the front of the uterus. Know more about the causes and possible effects of this condition.
- What to Know About Teratogens and Birth Defects
Learn more about teratogens and birth defects in our guide.
- What to Know About Spider Veins During Pregnancy
What causes spider veins to appear in your legs during pregnancy?
- What to Know About Opioids for Pain Relief During Labor
Learn about using opioids for pain relief during labor, the pros and cons of opioids, and other pain relief options available.
- What to Know About Meditation During Pregnancy
What are the benefits of meditation during pregnancy? Find out everything you need to know.
- What to Know About Eating and Drinking During Labor
Can you eat and drink during labor? Discover the pros and cons and what doctors have to say about it.
- What to Know About Continuous Support During Childbirth
What to know about continuous support during childbirth. Are there benefits and drawbacks to having continuous support?
- What To Know About a Birthing Stool
What to know about birthing stools and chairs: their history, how to use them, and more.
- What to Know About a Breech Baby
Find out what you need to know about breech babies and their problems. Learn about your birthing options and the advantages and risks of each.
- What Is Elective Labor Induction?
Learn about the ins and outs of elective labor induction.
- What to Know About Mercury While Pregnant or Breastfeeding
Find out what you need to know about mercury and its dangers. Learn about the hazards of mercury compounds while you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- What is Large for Gestational Age (LGA)?
Large for gestational age is when a fetus or newborn is larger than expected. Learn more about what causes it, what to expect, and more.
- What is Lactation?
Lactation is when your body produces milk. Learn more about what causes it, what to expect, and more.
- What Are Sterile Water Injections for Labor Pain?
Find out what you need to know about the sterile water injected to tame back labor pains. This is a safe, natural method of managing pain during childbirth.
- What Are the Pros and Cons of Epidurals During Childbirth?
Find out what you need to know about epidurals during childbirth and discover how they may affect health.
- What to Know About Breastfeeding While Pregnant
Find out what you need to know about breastfeeding while pregnant, as well as its safety, risks, and more.
- What to Know About Drinking Water During Pregnancy
Find out what you need to know about drinking water during pregnancy and discover how it may affect health.
- Tanning While Pregnant: What to Know
Is it okay to get a tan while pregnant? Learn what's safe and what isn't.
- Pregnancy With Cats: What to Know
Learn of the potential problems with having a cat during pregnancy.
- What to Know About Secondhand Smoke and Your Baby
Learn of the effects that secondhand smoke can have on your baby.
- What Is Postpartum Perineal Pain?
Learn more about postpartum perineal pain, including symptoms, treatment, and postpartum pain management.
- What is Oligohydramnios?
Discover how oligohydramnios relates to low amniotic fluid levels. Learn the causes, symptoms, and treatment for low amounts of amniotic fluid.
- What is Hydramnios?
Discover the difference between hydramnios and polyhydramnios. Learn the causes, symptoms, and treatment for too much amniotic fluid.
- What to Know About Labor and Delivery Nurses
Find out what you need to know about labor and delivery nurses: responsibilities, education, salary, and more.
- What Is a PUPPP Rash?
A PUPPP rash is an itchy, hive-like rash encountered during pregnancy. Learn about the causes, symptoms, and treatment options for this condition today.
- What Is Cryptic Pregnancy?
Cryptic pregnancies can happen if a woman isn’t aware that she is pregnant. Learn more about what causes cryptic pregnancies and how some women can be pregnant and not know.
- What to Know About Vulvar Varicosities
Learn more about vulvar varicosities, including causes, symptoms, and treatment.
- What to Know About Varicose Veins in Your Legs During Pregnancy
Learn about how varicose veins affect your legs during pregnancy.
- X-Rays During Pregnancy: What to Know
Find out what you need to know about X-rays in pregnancy. Learn about the dangers to your baby and how to avoid them.