Next Slideshow Title
IMAGES PROVIDED BY:
2) Nacivet / Photographer's Choice
3) artpartner-images / Photographer's Choice
6) Kyle Monk / Blend Images
7) Alistair Berg / Digital Vision
9) BSIP / Photo Researchers, Inc.
10) Scott Camazine / Photo Researchers, Inc.
11) Plush Studios / the Agency Collection
12) B BOISSONNET/BSIP
13) Steve Pomberg / WebMD
14) Lluís Real / age fotostock
15) Reza Estakhrian / The Image Bank
16) Gabriela Medina / Blend Images
17) Nacivet / Photographer's Choice
19) Steve Pomberg / WebMD
20) Zephyr / Photo Researchers, Inc.
21) Apogee / Photo Researchers
22) altrendo images
23) Thomas Schmidt / Riser
24) Andersen Ross / Brand X Pictures
National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke: "Low Back Pain Fact Sheet."
American Academy of Family Physicians: "Lower Back Pain."
National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases: "Back Pain."
American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons: "Low Back Pain."
Sherman, K. Archives of Internal Medicine, October 2011.
Cherkin, D. Annals of Internal Medicine, July 2011.
Cherkin, D. Archives of Internal Medicine, May 2009.
Bratton, R. Am Fam Physician, November 1999.
Verhagen, AP. Eur Spine J, September 2016.
Reviewed by Melinda Ratini, DO, MS on December 11, 2017
This tool does not provide medical advice. See additional information.
THIS TOOL DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE. It is intended for general informational purposes only and does not address individual circumstances. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment and should not be relied on to make decisions about your health. Never ignore professional medical advice in seeking treatment because of something you have read on the WebMD Site. If you think you may have a medical emergency, immediately call your doctor or dial 911.
View our slideshows to learn more about your health.