What Are the Symptoms of Fainting?
Depending on the cause of your fainting spell, you may have some or all of these symptoms before or during the episode:
- Blurred vision, seeing spots
- Sensation that the room is moving
- Ringing in the ears (see tinnitus)
- Nausea, vomiting
- Tingling or numbness of fingertips and around lips
- Bluish cast to the skin
- Shortness of breath
- Incontinence (involuntary urination or defecation)
Call Your Doctor About Fainting If:
You have an unexplained fainting episode. Especially if the episode occurs during exercise, happens during heart palpitations (feeling the heart beat irregularly), or if you have a family history of recurrent fainting or sudden death.