Next Slideshow Title
IMAGES PROVIDED BY:
1) Alain Pol / ISM
2) Romilly Lockyer / The Image Bank
3) Zephyr / Photo Researchers, Inc.
4) B BOISSONNET / BSIP
5) Living Art Enterprises / Photo Researchers, Inc.
6) Medscape Reference
7) Ian Hooten / Science Photo Library
8) fStop Images / the Agency Collection
9) Véronique Burger / Photo Researchers, Inc
10) Professor Pietro M. Motta / Photo Researchers, Inc.
11) Martin Dohrn / Photo Researchers, Inc.
12) Matthew Septimus / Photonica
13) Tom Grill / JGI / Blend Images
14) altrendo images
American Cancer Society: "What Is Bone Metastasis?" "Bone Metastasis:
What Are the Risk Factors for Bone Metastases?" "Bone Metastasis: How
Are Bone Metastases Diagnosed?" "Bone Metastasis: Systemic
Treatments," "Bone Metastasis: Local Treatments," "Bone Metastasis:
Pain Medications for Bone Metastases," "Bone Metastasis: What
Happens After Treatment of Bone Metastases?"
American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons: "Metastatic Bone Disease."
National Cancer Institute: "Metastatic Cancer," "Surgery Helps Relieve
Spinal Cord Compression Caused by Metastatic Cancer," "Radiation
Therapy for Cancer."
Medline Plus: "Spinal Tumor."
American Academy of Family Physicians: "Bisphosphonates: Safety and
Efficacy in the Treatment and Prevention of Osteoporosis."
PubMed Health: "Osteoporosis."
National Osteoporosis Foundation: "Concerns About Bisphosphonates."
Reviewed by Neha Pathak, MD on June 19, 2017
This tool does not provide medical advice. See additional information.
THIS TOOL DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE. It is intended for general informational purposes only and does not address individual circumstances. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment and should not be relied on to make decisions about your health. Never ignore professional medical advice in seeking treatment because of something you have read on the WebMD Site. If you think you may have a medical emergency, immediately call your doctor or dial 911.