How Can I Prevent Cancer?
Tips for cancer prevention include:
- Avoid smoking. If you do smoke, quit.
- Avoid too much sun exposure and wear sunscreen outdoors.
- Eat a nutritious diet - one that is rich in fruits, vegetables, and whole grains, and low in saturated/trans fat, red meat, and processed meat - and exercise regularly.
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Get proper cancer screening for your age, gender, and risk factors.
- Take proper precautions around carcinogens and industrial chemicals, such as wearing gloves and making sure there is enough ventilation.
- Watch your alcohol intake.
- Eat a diet rich in fruits, vegetables, and whole grains and low in saturated/trans fat, red meat, and processed meat.
- Protect against sexually transmitted infections. Vaccinate girls and boys against HPV.