Extra Messages About HPV Shots Boost Vaccination Rates: Study
- CDC Says Child Vaccination Exemptions Hit All-Time High
November 10, 2023 — The CDC said 3% of children starting kindergarten in the 2022-2023 school year received an exemption from one of the four key vaccines—the highest exemption rate ever reported in the United States.
- FDA Approves First Vaccine for Mosquito-Borne Chikungunya Virus
November 10, 2023 — The FDA approved the first vaccine against the chikungunya virus, which is transmitted to humans through infected mosquito bites.
- New Vaccine for Meningitis Could Soon Be Available
October 26, 2023 — A new meningococcal vaccine that better protects against the rare but potentially deadly disease will soon be available.
- Many Parents Struggling to Find COVID Shots for Kids
September 26, 2023 — Doctors and the CDC recommend everyone over 6 months get the new COVID-19 vaccine as fears of complications ease.
- FDA Approves RSV Vaccine to Be Given During Pregnancy
August 22, 2023 — The long-awaited vaccine for RSV that can be given to pregnant people was approved by the FDA on Monday.
- Babies Should Get New RSV Shot This Fall: CDC
August 4, 2023 — The CDC is recommending that all babies younger than 8 months get a shot this fall or winter to protect against respiratory syncytial virus, or RSV.
- Moderna Says RSV Vaccine for Older Adults Is 84% Effective
January 18, 2023 — Moderna announced that its vaccine for respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) for older adults was 84% effective at preventing at least two symptoms of the illness and 82% effective at preventing at least three symptoms.
- Fewer Kids Being Vaccinated Against Measles, CDC Says
January 12, 2023 — For the second straight year, the percentage of schoolchildren immunized against measles fell below a critical rate necessary to prevent the virus from spreading in the community, federal health officials say.