Cold and Flu Features
12 Tips for Nighttime Cough Relief
- Treating a Cold or Flu When You Have COVID-19
It’s possible to catch COVID-19 and a cold or flu at the same time. Here are tips on how to feel better with a coinfection.
- What We’ve Learned About COVID-19 and Cold and Flu Season
The COVID-19 pandemic has made it harder predict how this year’s cold and flu season will play out. Here’s what you need to know.
- Teach Your Kids to Avoid Colds
Kids spread germs like it’s their job. But teaching them these simple habits will help them – and your family – stay well and head off colds and flu.
- What Your Mucus Says About Your Health
Yes, mucus – or snot, or phlegm – is gross, but it has vital clues about your health. Learn what it might be telling you and when to see a doctor.
- Who Needs the Flu Vaccine?
Many new shots have been pointed our way since the COVID-19 pandemic began. Here's why you still need a flu shot.
- The Germiest Places in Your Community
Germs are everywhere, but some places and things are germ hot spots. Learn how to stay healthy wherever you go.
- Beware of Workplace Germs
Germs live and thrive in the workplace. Find out about germ hot spots, when contamination is at its worst, and how to protect yourself.
- How Do You Catch a Cold or the Flu?
Arm yourself with these helpful facts to stay healthy all year long.
- The Man Cold: Why Guys React Differently to Colds
Is there any truth to the belief that men handle having a cold differently than women?
- The Truth Behind Mom's Cold and Flu Advice
Mom has a lot of advice when it comes to cold and flu. Here's what she's right about.
- Tips to Help You Manage a Weakened Immune System
If your immune system is weak due to illness, chemotherapy, HIV, or for other reasons, use these tips to take care of yourself so you stay as healthy as possible.
- How to Stop a Cold
Before your sniffles morph into a nasty sinus, chest, or ear infection, here's how to fight back.
- 6 Tips for Sound Sleep When You Have a Cold
Too stuffy to sleep? Try these tricks to breathe easier and sleep better when you’re sick.
- Is It a Cold or the Flu?
Do you know the difference between a cold and the flu?
- Getting to the Bottom of a Sore Throat
How can you figure out what’s causing your sore throat?
- Myths vs. Facts About Your Immune System
What do you really know when it comes to boosting your immune system and fighting off a cold?
- Soothe Dry Skin When You Have a Cold
Tips to heal dry, chapped skin, nose, and lips.
- How to Look Your Best When You Have a Cold
Snuggle up! Getting enough sleep can help your beauty routine when you have a cold.
- Soothe a Nighttime Cough
Are you up at night coughing because of a cold or flu? Find out how to soothe your nighttime cough.
- Get Through Your Day With a Cough or Cold
Survival strategies if you can't stay in bed and rest while you're sick with a cold.
- Cold and Flu Season: Limit the Spread of Germs
Use these tips to stop the spread of colds or the flu when someone in your house gets sick.
- Should I Go to the Clinic for a Cold or Flu?
You have a terrible cold –- maybe even the flu. Do you know when to see a doctor?
- Cough Medicine: Should You or Shouldn’t You?
Do cough medicines really work? Get the facts on cough medicine effectiveness and side effects.
- 5 Ways to Stop Colds From Spreading in Your Family
As a cold spreads from one family member to the next, illness causes missed school, missed work, and a lot of aches and pains. Here are five tips to stop colds from spreading in your family.
- Natural Ways to Kick a Cold
There’s no cure for the common cold, but it’s important to make yourself comfortable while you recover. Here are tips to help you get through a cold.
- 10 Home Remedies for the Flu
Simple home remedies can be all you need to relieve mild to moderate flu symptoms. Try these 10 natural remedies for flu.
- Swine Flu and Asthma
WebMD discusses possible complications and heightened risk factors posed to asthma sufferers who contract H1N1.
- Swine Flu 101: College Survival Tips
Tips for college students on how to handle H1N1 flu (swine flu).
- Swine Flu and Chronic Conditions
Are people with chronic conditions more at risk of getting swine flu? WebMD has the answers about who should be extremely careful this flu season.
- Swine Flu and the Elderly
Experts share insights on ways seniors can protect themselves against swine flu.
- Swine Flu and Travel: 6 Tips
Tips to keep in mind about H1N1 swine flu and travel.
- Swine Flu: 10 Things Not to Do
Read about 10 things not to do to avoid swine flu -- including swine flu parties and counting on face masks for swine flu prevention.
- Swine Flu FAQ
Swine flu frequently asked questions including "What is H1N1 swine flu?", "What are the symptoms of swine flu?" and "What are the treatments for swine flu?" - From WebMD
- Too Sick to Work?
You wake up feeling crummy. Should you drag yourself to work and risk infecting coworkers? Or should you phone in sick, even though your boss desperately needs you to pitch in during a stressful week?
- Is It a Cold or Sinus Infection?
How can you tell the difference between a cold and a sinus infection? And how do you treat them?
- 6 Secrets of Super-Healthy People
Some people never seem to get sick. What are they doing that the rest of us aren’t? Learn their secrets.
- The Flu and You: Your Urgent Response Guide
So what do you do when someone in your house has the flu? Here’s a countdown for your flu-fighting days.
- Exercising When Sick: A Good Move?
You're not feeling your best. Should you exercise when sick or sit this one out? How to make the call.
- Flu Survival Kit: A Self-Care Kit for Your Home
Even if you “never get sick,” here are medicines and remedies to keep on hand in case the flu bug bites.
- Killing Flu Germs: What Works?
Do you need disinfectants and special products to kill the flu virus? Here’s what flu experts have to say.
- Covering Up Cold and Flu Symptoms: Beauty Tips
If you've got to look great despite your cold and flu symptoms, these beauty secrets will save the day.
- Flu Shots: It's Not Too Late
Everyone around you sniffling and sneezing? Take heart, there's still time for flu prevention!
- Prevent Flu: Steer Clear of Sick People
WebMD shows you how to prevent the flu, including swine flu, by washing your hands, avoiding those who are sick, and more.
- How to Short-Circuit a Cold -- Maybe
It seems everyone has a cold remedy, but do some actually work?