Your prescription will come with FDA-approved information to help you recognize or avoid serious side effects.
Here’s part of the guide:
CIPRO ® (Sip-row) (ciprofloxacin hydrochloride) Tablets for oral use
Read this Medication Guide before you start taking CIPRO and each time you get a refill.
There may be new information. This guide does not take the place of talking to your healthcare provider.
What is the most important information I should know about CIPRO?
- CIPRO, a fluoroquinolone antibacterial medicine, can cause serious side effects.
- Some of these serious side effects can happen at the same time and could result in death.
If you get any of the following serious side effects while you take CIPRO, you should stop taking CIPRO immediately and get medical help right away.
- Joint pain, swelling, popping sounds, or muscle weakness
- Tingling and possible nerve damage
- Anxiety, depression, hallucinations, suicidal thoughts, confusion