Who should not take BETHANECHOL CHLORIDE?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- overactive thyroid gland
- a type of movement disorder called parkinsonism
- increased tone of parasympathetic nervous system
- high blood pressure
- coronary artery disease
- atrioventricular block, a type of slow heart rhythm disorder
- slow heartbeat
- orthostatic hypotension, a form of low blood pressure
- low blood pressure
- stomach or intestinal tract operation
- an ulcer from too much stomach acid
- inflammatory bowel disease
- blockage of the stomach or intestine
- irritable colon
- inflammation and infection of the abdomen lining
- surgical joining of two parts of the intestine
- bladder surgery
- blockage of the urinary bladder
- a blockage in the urinary tract
- instability of the nerves which control the blood vessels
Free RX Coupon
Save up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Save up to 80% on your prescription with WebMDRx
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using Myotonachol oral?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.