Who should not take Imitrex?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- serotonin syndrome - adverse drug interaction
- migraine headache with temporary paralysis of one side
- severe uncontrolled high blood pressure
- heart attack
- type of angina where chest pain occurs at rest
- coronary artery disease
- disease of inadequate blood flow to the heart muscle
- lack of blood supply to the brain
- peripheral vascular disease
- insufficiency of the vascular system of the intestine
- severe liver disease
- Increased Cardiovascular Event Risk
- Triptans-5-HT1 Antimigraine Agents
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.