What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Enalapril Maleate-Felodipine Tablet, Extended Release to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- FDA C (unknown human fetal risk; assess risk/benefit):
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: INSUFF DATA AVAIL; MOLECULAR WT LOW ENOUGH FOR POSSIBLE BREASTMILK EXCRETION.
- Precaution: LIMITED DATA SUGGEST MINIMAL EXCRETION RESULTING IN NO ADV EFFECTS IN INFANT
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: Cardiovascular-Monitor for hypotension. Renal-May increase serum creatinine. Hyperkalemia risk increases with renal insufficiency. Adjust dose for CrCL <31 mL/minute.
- management or monitoring precaution: Cardiovascular-Elderly are more sensitive to blood pressure lowering effects and may have lower drug clearance. Start at lower doses and titrate upward more slowly. Peripheral edema may be common. Gastrointestinal-may cause or worsen pre-existing constipation.
Giving Enalapril Maleate-Felodipine Tablet, Extended Release to a child under 12
- management or monitoring precaution: Safety and efficacy not established.
- Severe Precaution: Not recommended in neonates or with CrCL <30mL/min.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.