What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Hydrocortisone-Sal Acid-Sulfur Combination Package to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- FDB Only When Necessary: SYSTEMIC ABSORPTION UNKNOWN; INSUFF HUMAN DATA
- Only When Necessary: FDA RISK CATEGORY C IN COMBINATION PRODUCTS
- FDB Contraindicated or Not Recommended: LIMITED DATA SUG ADV EFFECTS WITH EXPOSURE TO TOPICAL SALICYLATES
If you are NURSING
- No Known Risk: INSUFFICIENT DATA AVAILABLE; LIMITED USE MAY POSE LITTLE RISK
- Precaution: INSUFF DATA; SYSTEMIC ABSORP W/ 25% CONC APPLIED TO ABRADED SKIN IN ANIMALS
- Precaution: INSUFFICIENT DATA AVAILABLE. NOT RECOMMENDED BY MFR
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: Risk for possible acute inflammation or ulceration of the extremities particularly in those patients with decreased circulation to the extremities for any reason.
Giving Hydrocortisone-Sal Acid-Sulfur Combination Package to a child under 12
- management or monitoring precaution: Prolonged or extensive use may lead to systemic absorption; may affect growth rate.
- management or monitoring precaution: Topical preparations containing sulfur should not be used age < 2 years except under the direction and supervision of a physician.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.