What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Talwin Compound Tablet to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- FDB Only When Necessary: NEONATAL WITHDRAWAL/RESP.DEPRESS. W/CHRONIC OR HIGH DOSE
- FDB Contraindicated or Not Recommended: NO FDA CATEGORY; NOT RECOMMENDED ESPECIALLY IN 3RD TRIMESTER OR NEAR TERM
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: INSUFFICIENT DATA AVAILABLE, MONITOR INFANT FOR RESP DEPRESSION
- Absolute Contraindication: ONE REPORT OF METABOLIC ACIDOSIS; RISK OF REYE'S SYND IN VIRAL ILLNESS.
If you are an adult over 60
- Contraindication: Neuro/Psych-Generally not recommended in the elderly due to high risk for CNS adverse effects in the elderly and poor effectiveness. May increase fall risk. Avoid treatment with 3 or more CNS active agents. Pulmonary-Respiratory depression risk in the elderly.
Giving Talwin Compound Tablet to a child under 12
- Severe Precaution: Risk of respiratory depression. No safety and efficacy established age < 12 years.
- Severe Precaution: Reye syndrome risk with viral illness, fever, and/or flu symptoms.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.