What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Aldex GS Tablet to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- Only When Necessary: FDA C W/COMBO PROD; POSS RISK OF GASTROSCHISIS/SIA WITH 1ST TRIMESTER EXPOSURE
- Only When Necessary:
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: MAY DECREASE MILK SUPPLY, AND CAUSE IRRITABILITY
- Precaution: INSUFFICIENT DATA AVAILABLE
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: Cardiovascular-Elderly are more sensitive to tachycardia and hypertensive effects. May exacerbate symptomatic coronary insufficiency. Genitourinary-May cause urinary retention. Neuro/Psych-May worsen cognitive impairment in some elderly with dementia. Insomnia risk.
Giving Aldex GS Tablet to a child under 12
- management or monitoring precaution: Consult clinician for use in pediatrics age < 12 years.
- Contraindication: High risk of adverse CNS effects. Not recommended for use age < 6 years.