What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Pediagen Oral Suspension to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- FDB Only When Necessary: CROSSES PLACENTA; INSUFFICIENT DATA AVAILABLE
- FDB Contraindicated or Not Recommended: CONTRAINDICATED NEAR OR AT TERM, MAY CAUSE KERNICTERUS IN NEWBORN
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: LIMITED DATA SUGGEST INFANT MAY HAVE GI FLORA CHANGES; REPORTS OF DIARRHEA
- Precaution: DO NOT BREAST FEED IF INFANT IS HYPERBILIRUBINEMIC OR G6PD DEFICIENT.
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: Elderly at increased risk of severe adverse reactions if decreased renal and hepatic function.
- management or monitoring precaution: Cardiovascular-Increased risk of torsades de pointes. Renal-Patients with severe renal or hepatic impairment may be at increased risk for hearing loss.
Giving Pediagen Oral Suspension to a child under 12
- Contraindication: Not recommended in infants under 2 months. May cause kernicterus.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.