Who should not take ELIQUIS?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- operation on the spine
- eye surgery
- an increased risk of bleeding
- decreased blood platelets
- a hemorrhage in the brain
- decreased kidney function
- a mother who is producing milk and breastfeeding
- antiphospholipid antibody syndrome
- procedure to place indwelling epidural catheter
- kidney disease with likely reduction in kidney function
- neuraxial anesthesia, local anesthesia injected in the epidural space or subarachnoid space
- deep peripheral nerve block
- deep plexus block
- cerebral amyloid angiopathy
- mechanical heart valve present
Free RX Coupon
Save up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Save up to 80% on your prescription with WebMDRx
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using Eliquis?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.