What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Actiq Lozenge On A Handle to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- FDB Only When Necessary: NEONATAL WITHDRAWAL/RESP.DEPRESS. W/CHRONIC OR HIGH DOSE
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: INSUFFICIENT DATA AVAIL; LOW LEVELS EXCRETED WITH SHORT TERM USE
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: Pulmonary-DO NOT USE in opioid intolerance. Life-threatening respiratory depression more likely to occur due to altered clearance. Use cautiously with respiratory disease, when initiating, titrating and giving with other respiratory depressants. Neuro/Psych-Risk for confusion, delirium and falls. Avoid treatment with 3 or more CNS active agents. Gastrointestinal-Increased rate of constipation in the elderly. Cardiovascular-Vasodilation may predispose to orthostatic hypotension.
Giving Actiq Lozenge On A Handle to a child under 12
- Severe Precaution: Risk of severe respiratory depression. Restricted to opioid tolerant patient.
- Severe Precaution: Not indicated in pediatrics age < 16 years. Potentially fatal if opiate naive.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.