Who should not take REXULTI?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- excessive fat in the blood
- very low levels of granulocytes, a type of white blood cell
- low levels of white blood cells
- low levels of a type of white blood cell called neutrophils
- suicidal thoughts
- Alzheimer's disease
- a type of movement disorder called parkinsonism
- tardive dyskinesia, a disorder characterized by involuntary movements of the face, mouth and tongue
- extrapyramidal disease, a type of movement disorder
- neuroleptic malignant syndrome, a reaction characterized by fever, muscle rigidity and confusion
- a low seizure threshold
- a low supply of oxygen rich blood to the heart
- abnormal heart rhythm
- chronic heart failure
- a disorder of the blood vessels of the brain
- orthostatic hypotension, a form of low blood pressure
- low blood pressure
- liver problems
- weight gain
- susceptible to breathing fluid into lungs
- problems with food passing through the esophagus
- dementia in an elderly person
- CYP2D6 poor metabolizer
- chronic kidney disease stage 3A (moderate)
- chronic kidney disease stage 3B (moderate)
- chronic kidney disease stage 4 (severe)
- chronic kidney disease stage 5 (failure)
- Child-Pugh class B liver impairment
- Child-Pugh class C liver impairment
Free RX Coupon
Save up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Save up to 80% on your prescription with WebMDRx
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using brexpiprazole oral?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.