What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Modafinil to Children or the Elderly?
Sorry, we have no data available. Please contact your doctor or pharmacist.
If you are PREGNANT
- FDB Contraindicated or Not Recommended: REGISTRY DATA SUGGEST DEVELOPMENTAL TOXICITY
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: INSUFFICIENT DATA AVAILABLE; MOLECULAR WT LOW ENOUGH FOR POSSIBLE EXCRETION
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: General-Decreased clearance in the elderly. Use lower doses. Cardiovascular-Caution with underlying cardiovascular disease. Neuro/Psych-Avoid use in patients with insomnia.
Giving Modafinil to a child under 12
- Severe Precaution: May cause severe rash in children under 16 years. Lack of efficacy data for improving sleep latency. Not approved for pediatrics.
- Severe Precaution: Severe skin rash, leukopenia, dysmenorrhea, and psychiatric disturbances reported.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.