Next Slideshow Title
IMAGES PROVIDED BY:
(1) Christina Kennedy / DK Stock
(2) First DataBank* and U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration
(3) U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration
(4) U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration and First DataBank*
(5) First DataBank* and U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration
(6) U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration
(7) U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration
(8) U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration and First DataBank*
(9) U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration and Steve Pomberb / WebMD
(10) Brayden Knell / WebMD
(11) U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration
(12) Flashfilm / Digital Vision
(13) Ghislain & Marie David de Lossy / The Image Bank
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is sage, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.
Drug Enforcement Administration: "Pseudoephedrine."
FDA: "Legal Requirements for the Sale and Purchase of Drug Products Containing Pseudoephedrine, Ephedrine, and Phenylpropanolamine."
National Institute on Drug Abuse: "Drugs of Abuse and Related Topics," "Chart: Drugs of Abuse and Related Topics," "CNS depressants,"
"Media Guide: The Basics -- Commonly Abused Drugs," "Prescription and Over-the-Counter Medications," "Prescription Drugs: Abuse and Addiction," "What is Prescription Drug Abuse?"
NIDA for Teens: "Help Prevent Prescription Drug Abuse: Ask Mom and Dad To Clean Out the Medicine Cabinet."
Partnership for a Drug-Free America: "Commonly Abused Prescription and OTC Medications," "Time to Act!"
Reviewed by Smitha Bhandari, MD on August 05, 2017
This tool does not provide medical advice. See additional information.
THIS TOOL DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE. It is intended for general informational purposes only and does not address individual circumstances. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment and should not be relied on to make decisions about your health. Never ignore professional medical advice in seeking treatment because of something you have read on the WebMD Site. If you think you may have a medical emergency, immediately call your doctor or dial 911.
View our slideshows to learn more about your health.