Who should not take CABOMETYX?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- a condition with low thyroid hormone levels
- low amount of calcium in the blood
- decreased blood platelets
- low levels of a type of white blood cell called neutrophils
- high blood pressure
- significant uncontrolled high blood pressure
- a localized weakening and ballooning in an artery wall called an arterial aneurysm
- obstruction of a blood vessel by a blood clot
- an occurrence of a blood clot in an artery
- blood clot formation in vein
- stomatitis, a condition with painful swelling and sores inside the mouth
- an abnormal connection between the esophagus and windpipe
- a gastrointestinal tract fistula
- bleeding of the stomach or intestines
- nephrotic syndrome, a type of kidney disorder
- coughing up of blood
- elevation of proteins in the urine
- abnormal liver function tests
- impaired wound healing
- a patient who is producing milk and breastfeeding
- a rupture in the wall of the stomach or intestine
- problems with wound healing after a surgery
- invasive dental procedure
- a type of brain disorder called posterior reversible encephalopathy syndrome
- dissection of artery
- Child-Pugh class A liver impairment
- Child-Pugh class B liver impairment
- Child-Pugh class C liver impairment
Free RX Coupon
Save up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Save up to 80% on your prescription with WebMDRx
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using Cabometyx?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.