Who should not take OPZELURA?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- active tuberculosis
- a bad infection
- squamous cell carcinoma
- decreased blood platelets
- low levels of a type of white blood cell called neutrophils
- obstruction of a blood vessel by a blood clot
- a patient who is producing milk and breastfeeding
- basal cell carcinoma of the skin
- increased cardiovascular event risk
- progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy, a type of brain infection
- a type of skin cancer called Merkel cell carcinoma
- chronic kidney disease stage 3A (moderate)
- chronic kidney disease stage 3B (moderate)
- chronic kidney disease stage 4 (severe)
- chronic kidney disease stage 5 (failure)
- kidney disease with likely reduction in kidney function
- Child-Pugh class A liver impairment
- Child-Pugh class B liver impairment
- Child-Pugh class C liver impairment
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using Opzelura cream?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.