What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Nalbuphine Solution to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- Requires a Risk/Benefit Assessment:
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: SMALL QUANTITY EXCRETED IN MILK (<1%),NOT LIKELY TO HAVE CLIN SIGNIF EFFECT.
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: Pulmonary-Risk of fatal respiratory depression in the elderly, cachectic, or debilitated with high dose or ext. release products due to poor fat stores, muscle wasting, or altered clearance. Monitor closely at initiation and dose titration and when giving with other drugs that cause respiratory depression. Neuro/Psych-Risk for confusion, delirium and falls. Avoid treatment with 3 or more CNS active agents. Gastrointestinal-Constipation risk. Urogenital-Urinary retention risk.
Giving Nalbuphine Solution to a child under 12
- Severe Precaution: Risk of respiratory and CNS depression. No safety and efficacy established.
- Severe Precaution: Potential increased sensitivity to effects, adverse CNS effects and respiratory depression.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.