Who should not take PHENYLEPHRINE HCL?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- overactive thyroid gland
- acidosis, a high level of acid in the blood
- high blood pressure
- significant uncontrolled high blood pressure
- a heart attack
- coronary artery disease
- partial heart block
- rapid ventricular heartbeat
- slow heartbeat
- chronic heart failure
- severe hardening of the arteries
- a blood clot in an artery
- acute inflammation of the liver
- acute inflammation of the pancreas
- enlarged prostate
- decreased oxygen in the tissues or blood
You Might Also Like
Have you ever purchased phenylephrine HCl?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.