Who should not take ?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- brain operation
- operation on the spine
- a brain tumor
- a decrease in the blood clotting protein prothrombin
- increased risk of bleeding due to clotting disorder
- decreased blood platelets
- brain injury
- a mass within the brain
- patient with catheter in the vascular system
- abnormal bleeding in the brain resulting in damage to brain tissue, called a hemorrhagic stroke
- a stroke
- balloon-like swelling of an artery of the brain
- bulge and tear of the aorta blood vessel wall
- severe liver disease
- bleeding of the stomach or intestines
- malformed blood vessels
- major traumatic injury
- spinal anesthesia, a procedure where local anesthesia is injected in the subarachnoid space of spine
- acute thromboembolic stroke
- procedure to place indwelling epidural catheter
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using drotrecogin alfa (activated) intravenous?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.