Who should not take PHENYTEK?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- osteomalacia, or softening of bones
- megaloblastic anemia
- a type of blood disorder with a decrease in all types of blood cells called pancytopenia
- decreased blood platelets
- very low levels of granulocytes, a type of white blood cell
- low levels of white blood cells
- low levels of granulocytes, a type of white blood cell
- suicidal thoughts
- alcohol intoxication
- myasthenia gravis, a skeletal muscle disorder
- hardening of the arteries due to plaque buildup
- overgrowth of gums onto teeth
- liver problems
- decreased kidney function
- systemic lupus erythematosus, an autoimmune disease
- osteoporosis, a condition of weak bones
- decreased calcification or density of bone
- a body temperature higher than 101 degrees Fahrenheit
- swollen lymph nodes
- CYP2C9 poor metabolizer
- HLA-B *15:02 positive gene status
Free RX Coupon
Save up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Save up to 80% on your prescription with WebMDRx
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using Phenytek?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.